Wake up to Woodstock is a member association consisting of local businesses. Its primary aims are to encourage greater numbers of visitors to Woodstock and to organise and facilitate a professional local network, for the sharing of knowledge and information in order to support independent businesses in the town.
The association was set-up in 2001 by a handful of business owners who felt the need to maintain and increase visitors to the town, at a time when many retail outlets on the high street were closing. Today the association consists of around 52 members, 80% of which can be found on the high street, ranging from pubs and restaurants, clothing and coffee shops, hair and beauty salons, hotels and accommodation and antiques and art galleries. The remaining 20% fall into the off-street services category.
Wake up to Woodstock is governed by a committee of members, including local resident Dennis Allen, who has been Chairman of WUTW since 2017.
The association organises and supports local events including Woodstock Live, A Night of a Thousand Candles and the Woodstock Festive Fayre.
There are many benefits to becoming a member. These include the option to attend regular networking events throughout the year, PR and marketing activities including social media, inclusion in the town brochure and on the WUTW website. To find out how to join contact Dennis Allen on 07756 968 039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.